I hope you are all having a fantastic weekend, divas! I spent a long, but rewarding, morning with my sons at a festival called Reading Rocks! It was hosted by your school district and focused on promoting literature to our young people. As an avid reader, I am so glad that I passed that joy on to my boys. I couldn’t fathom being in a household without books or around people who did not enjoy reading. Unfortunately, that is the case in many homes in our communities. I urge you all to read SOMETHING daily, let your children see you do this and read with them as well. It makes a huge difference. There are so many resources in our schools and our communities for children (and adults) to help with any barriers that they may have when it comes to literacy. Please reach out to these sources if you need to. Also, touch bases with your local United Way if you have a 30-45 minutes to spare once a week to read with an elementary school student in your community. It’s a humbling experience and makes such a huge impact in a young person’s life. There are other organizations with programs like this, so do what you can when you can. But we all need to attempt to do SOMETHING.
Divas With A Purpose has become a source of inspiration and motivation. It's about women being driven, inspiring, victorious and having a plan of action to become the best them they have been called to be. With collaboration, we are making our way through this thing called life as women, mothers, sisters, and friends.
Find Your Favorites
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Reading Rocks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.
Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)