Saturday, December 11, 2010

DWP - Rosalyn's Scent

This weeks Diva With A Purpose, Cassandra Stewart, is definitely an inspiration to me. When I think of entrepreneurship, dedication and compassion - her name is one of the first one's to come to mind. Cassandra is the owner of Rosalyn's Scent – all natural bath and body products that she creates herself!!! All it takes is one use and you are absolutely hooked!

What impresses me the most about Cassandra's drive and dream is that she truly does put a part herself into the products she creates. Her business is a tribute to her mother, the Rosalyn in Rosalyn’s Scent. Cassandra took her mother’s dream and made it a reality – combining her passion for “scentology” and her devotion to finishing what her mother started but was unable to complete. The end result - Madam Mixtress, the creator of superb products!!!






Drive, determination and dreams often go hand and hand. Anyone can have dreams, but it takes a very special person to take those dreams and make them a reality. There are so many forces that seem to be against you when you are starting out, but with determination and hard work you can succeed. Ms. Sandii can definitely give testament to that!


I am so glad that our paths crossed and have enjoyed watching her business grow over the past few years. She has taught me so much without even realizing it and inspires me to continue working towards my dreams.


I encourage everyone I know to give her products a try – you will definitely fall in love!!! Now that the winter months are upon us, her body butters are a staple in my household for my boys, myself and even my husband!!!

In Her Own Words:

I've worked so hard to build my business and it means the world to me. I have a lot of haters trying to bring me down but guess what its not working and it never will! I had jobs and I got to the point where I was tired of working for someone and working just to make ends meet. Being my own boss is a wonderful feeling! My home life is better, I feel better...its just wonderful!



I build my business not only to make money but to give back and celebrate others. Before leaving NYC I donated products to a womens shelter and I told them my life story. They were amazed and touched because here I am a business woman that went through the same struggle that they're going through. I wanted them to have hope of one day living a better life and that sometimes we hit rockbottom but if you're strong enough to hold on to faith that you'll rise to the top in no time!
 
Some thoughts to ponder:
  • What is it that you want to accomplish?
  • What motivates you to succeed?
  • What resources do you need to move to the next level?
  • Are you ready to dedicate your time, finances, and talents to your dream?
"Bear in mind, if you are going to amount to anything, that your success does not depend upon the brilliancy and the impetuosity with which you take hold, but upon the ever lasting and sanctified buldoggedness with which you hang on after you have taken hold."  - Dr. A. B. Meldrum



Introducing the first Divas With A Purpose Blog Game…YAY!!!






2 lucky readers will win a $15 gift certificate to Rosalyn's Scent. Here are the rules:


**You must leave a comment below that includes the following:  What/who inspires you? You must, also, comment on which product or products from Rosalyn’s Scent you would like to try for yourself. Or, if you have purchased from her before – what your favorite product is.***
 
Good luck Divas!!!  This contest ends at 8 pm EST on Friday, December 18th.  The winners will be announced on Saturday, December 19th.  Winners will be selected using Random.org.

5 comments:

  1. Who inspires me? My grandmother, who in heaven now, Elizabeth Anderson. She taught me to love with my whole heart, to forgive quickly, and to never get tired of doing good. I have had my feelings hurt, my heart shattered and my world turned upside down but I have never regretted loving, forgiving and doing good.

    I haven't tried any of the seemingly wonderful products from Rosalyn's Scent but I'd love, love, love to try the butters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I have had my feelings hurt, my heart shattered and my world turned upside down but I have never regretted loving, forgiving and doing good."

    Such a wonderful attitude!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing that until I became a mother I never really thought of someone who inspires me; I simply set goals for myself and did everything in my power to reach them. 18mos. into this mom thing (that I'm still trying to grasp daily), I'd have to say the my son inspires me. He is who I look to for motivation to keep going and pushing forward. I do all of "this" for him to have someone to look up and something to one day aspire to be, because it's not about me anymore.
    I've never used Rosalyn's (Cassandra's) products, but I'd love to put the little one to bed when hubby is at work & light a candle or two while relaxing in a tub of her all natural bath salts... Sounds heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many people inspire me, but the first person to come to mind is the woman who was my doula for the birth of my second child. Not only did she get me through the whole ordeal, but she has become a very successful business woman while fulfilling her call to help women by doing what she truly loves.

    Now, as far as the Rosalyn's Scents products, they ALL look divine, but I'm particularly drawn to the Mango Bodylicious Butter. My skin gets horribly dry during the winter months, and shea butter products work wonders for me.

    Thanks for hosting this giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hats off to this week's winners: buzzvibe & The Dessert Diva. I will be in touch with you ladies by tomorrow evening with your gift certificate information.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)