I stumbled across a book given to me years ago and one you may be familiar with, The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. As I read the first paragraph, I had an AH-HA moment:
"It’s not about you.
The purpose of your life is far greater than
your own personal fulfillment, your peace of
mind, or even your happiness. It’s far greater
than your family, your career, or even your
wildest dreams and ambitions. If you want to
know why you were placed on this planet, you
must begin with God. You were born by his
purpose and for his purpose."
My regular readers will know that I focus quite a bit on knowing and working within one's purpose. Life is so much more fulfilling and meaningful when you accomplish things that truly mean something to you and those around you - but even more importantly that are within the plan that God has for you and your life!!!"
One of my favorite scriptures is Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
I truly believe God has awesome plans in store for each of us - as long as we walk within his will. He does, however, give us free will to choose to follow his path or not to. Some of us may stray and take many, many, many detours along the way; some of us may stay on that path from start to finish; some of us may decide to go an entirely different route all together - whatever choice is made, it is ours to make and ours to reap the consequences for.
When focusing on our purpose in life and what we want to accomplish, it is essential to start and end the thought process by focusing on what God has planned for us. Leaving Him out of the equation just leads to lots of unnecessary work and frustration.
Be Blessed Divas and remember to be a blessing to others!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.
Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)