Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Things I've Learned from Nick Jr

Moms of toddlers can relate! There are 3 televisions in my household and 95% of the time at least 2 of them are on Nick Jr. I've come to know Dora, Diego, The Fresh Beat Band, Muno, Brobee and DJ Lance as though they were characters on my beloved Law & Order. I even find myself relating everyday situations to some of the "lessons" learned from these shows. The joys of parenthood!

1. Ask the Map (Dora the Explorer). Sometimes in life we have to ask for directions. It's good to know who to ask and the best route to follow. Be sure to check in with the map periodically through your journey to ensure you are still on the right path.

2. Shake the Hurt Off (Yo Gabba Gabba). This is my son's favorite show and I must admit I've been dragged into the madness! I think I was more excited than he was when we went to Yo Gabba Gabba Live last fall. One of the songs they sing is sometimes you have to shake the hurt off. There are lots of adults carrying around hurt and disappointments for months and years at a time. Shake that hurt off and keep moving. Don't let a person, situation or setback cripple you from growing and thriving.

3. Imagination is a wonderful thing (The Backyardigans). Remember the pretend time you had as a child, where your stuffed animals became people and your rocking horse could take you around the world? It's okay to still have moments like that. By visualizing your dreams and goals, you actually are more likely to realize them. And who knows? You may just have that million dollar windfall one day :)

4. Help Others (WonderPets). These unlikely heroes go out of there way to help other animals out of some interesting situations. When's the last time you lent someone a helping hand without expecting anything in return?

Be blessed, Divas!!! It's time to help Dora get to the Magic Mountain :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)