Saturday, December 1, 2012

#DecorateItForward with K-Mart

Happy December! Today my kiddos and I officially kicked off our holiday decorating season.

One tradition I started when my oldest son was about 3 or 4 years old is our annual trek to choose an ornament for our tree.  Each year it's interesting to see which type of ornament my kiddos choose. They usually end up picking ornaments for one another because it's so difficult for them to narrow down their choices to just one.

The 4 of us headed out to our local K-Mart. I must admit that it's been awhile since I've shopped in K-Mart, but as soon as I got to their holiday section I remembered that I've always loved their selection of ornaments and holiday apparel. With the affordable prices and wide variety of prices - it's hard not to get into the holiday decorating spirit! The boys were wary of my purple choices and I am determined to get a smaller version of this tree as a Diva Tree one year:



My oldest son was disappointed that we couldn't find the St. Jude Holiday Bear Collectible Ornament. I went online and it looks like it's sold out there, too.  K-Mart has partnered with St. Jude Hospital to offer this adorable ornament for only $5. K-Mart will donate $1 from every bear sold back to St. Jude. Decorations with a purpose - Love it!!!



Since the bear was not an option, now came the hardest part - choosing which ornament would be "the" ornament for each of them this year.  Believe me when I say this is an excursion that takes tons of patience and negotiating skills! Some of our choices were:

 

They even contemplated combining their funds and getting this for our front entrance:

In the end, they chose these ornaments. It was great watching my boys work together to make a decision and then choose ornaments that rightly fit my feelings towards them:
 This year K-Mart is encouraging everyone to join in the  "Decorate it Forward" Movement by sharing holiday cheer with the gift of decorating and entertaining with family, friends and those in need. Connect with them on Twitter at (@kmart and by using the #DecorateItForward hashtag. You can even create a virtual ornament to share with your family and friends:


 
While you're at K-Mart, don't forget to join the Shop Your Way Rewards Program to earn points to redeem for discounts.

Congratulations to the winner of the $15 K-Mart Gift Card - Cindy B!

~Disclaimer:  I received a free sample courtesy of Smiley360 and the post may contain affiliate links.
Read my full disclosure statement here~

23 comments:

  1. I have an antique wooden santa, love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I want to get that this year for my kids. I've heard great things about it.

      Delete
  3. I love the shiny, glittery ornaments and I also have some that look like mini disco balls

    ReplyDelete
  4. definatly elf on the shelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cute little snowman
    Holly W

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite ornament is a blown glass candy-cane striped star.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every year my family goes to the mall and gets a family ornament with our names written on it (including my furry son!) They are my favorites and my favorite out of those is one with 5 blue and white snowmen on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love our vacation ornaments! Each vacation we take we bring back an ornament. It's always fun to hang them on the tree and remember vacations of years past!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite ornament is a crystal angel

    ReplyDelete
  10. My fav ornament is the one the kids made for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite ornament is one with a picture of our kids in it.

    Name on rafflecopter: Mary Happymommy

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have a personalized ornament with figures for each of the family members, including the pets :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also have a personalized photo ornament that is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My favorite ornament is an ornament with my daughters hand print :)

    Jill McHale
    jillmchale2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the St. Jude Holiday Bear Collectible Ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite ornament is a little elf that was my grandmother's.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. One that my son made in preschool. It is a gingerbread man and it really smells like gingerbread! It looks like a real cookie too. The other day, it fell off the tree and broke... I wanted to cry. Im going to try and superglue it back together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorites are the ornaments my kids made while they were still in school.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)