Monday, November 8, 2010

Motivational Monday: One Step At A Time

"But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, You are my God." - Psalm 31:14

There are sometimes when life gets you so boggled down that the only thing you can do is put one foot in front of the other - and even then that's a struggle. When those times come at me...I think of the verse above. Very often do I understand the whys and hows, but I have to trust that God has a bigger plan in place for me. I must admit that the struggles that I have overcome have made me a better and stronger person in long run. Did I enjoy them? Of course not! But I pressed forward and kept a smile on my face even when I felt like curling up into a ball and crying myself into oblivion. As a wife, mother, worker, friend - that just was not feasible or possible. Getting to this point was definitely a process. There was a time that one little setback sent me into a downward spiral of depression. I'm so thankful that I've gotten to a point where if I can't do anything else, I can put one foot in front of the other. That first step leads to another and then another. Perhaps the first step is reaching out for prayer from a trusted friend or something as simple as a shoulder to cry on. With that release comes an inner peace that helps me make another step. I try not to overdue or put on airs that I'm better than I truly am, but I do my hardest to keep a smile on my face when facing others. Despite the inner turmoils I may be experiencing, I know that my God will keep, protect and comfort me. That enough gives me joy and enables me to smile and laugh on the outside when I'm crying on the inside. The ability to take one step at at a time and knowledge that I can trust in the Lord, keeps me balanced and sane in the most difficult of times.

Divas, when life throws you curve balls, just remember to put one foot in front of the other. There's always something worth taking that next step for. Reach out for help from a trusted friend, family member or counselor. You are able to conquer this storm! Trust me, I'm definitely a survivor!

Have a wonderful and blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)