Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thankfulness

Today I'm sharing my 9 year old son's gratitude list for today:

  1. My mom - of course that brought a smile to my heart :0)
  2. My stepfather - anyone who is a part of a blended family will know being #2 on the list is not always an easy feat for the step-parent, but I'm thankful for the relationship between my husband and son.  They have the moments - but what parent-child relationship doesn't?
  3. My Christmas gifts - the kid got royally spoiled between holiday visits to both sides of the family (including 3 sets of grandparents and a father who has been overseas for most of 2010) but he was very gracious and appreciative.  What makes this Christmas more special is that he only requested one big thing for Christmas in his letter to Santa - for his Daddy to come home safe from Iraq.  Thankfully, he was able to take leave during the Christmas holiday and make it back to the states in time to bring a smile to our son's face.
  4. My uncle who recently passed away - this definitely made me tear up a bit
  5. All of the soldiers serving our country (especially those deployed and away from their families) - he is definitely a military kid and this military wife is so proud that he understands the sacrifices that our soldiers make.
My gratitude list for 1/4/11:
  1. My sons and their ability to warm my heart at the most unexpected moments
  2. Random acts of kindnesses by strangers
  3. Criminal Minds and Law & Order marathons
  4. My mother who always seems to have the right words to say
  5. Brief moments of solitude
I have to say that I am overwhelmed and so thankful for the outpouring of love and support my family has received during our time of bereavement (see my previous post, Heartbroken, for more details, if you'd like).  Words cannot express how thankful I am.

Be Blessed Divas and remember to be a blessing to others!
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)