I received a very unexpected and welcomed surprise earlier this week. A good friend blessed my family by paying for us to go get a family portrait taken. This was wonderful in a few ways - mainly, since the last family portrait we had taken was when my almost 3 year old was 8 months old. I'm pretty sure it's time for us to take another one :)
This gift came at a time when I was feeling a little down. Sometimes we give and give and give, but it seems as though it's for nothing and unappreciated. My feelings were hurt by some recent turn of events and her gift reminded me that it wasn't all for nothing. It reminded me that when we give to someone - it is not just about the physical gift, but the sowing into someone's life in their time of need. There were so many times when I was in need and someone stepped in with no questions asked and pulled me up. This gift reminded me that giving to others was a part of the circle of giving, getting and returning the favor.
So, thank you, dear friend, your gift meant so much more than you probably ever thought it would.
So, Divas, what unexpected blessings have you received in the past? What have you done to pay it forward and sow into someone's life?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.
Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)