Friday, August 26, 2011

The Domestic Violence Project


domestic violenceOne of my blogger friends, T.C. Galltin, is embarking on a what I think is a wonderful project to bring awareness to domestic violence. In one of her recent blogs, she shares her story and how it has shaped her life thus far.  I applaud her for speaking out and encouraging others to do the same.  So many times we try to brush these problems under the rug and pretend they don't exist - even when it's our mothers, sisters and daughters.  


T.C. is asking for six-word "essays" on domestic violence.  Her contribution: "The scars will always be there"


Short but powerful.


I'm asking as many divas as possible to help her out and send her your own personal essays. If you're comfortable sharing them in the comments section with this blog, please do so, as well.  You never know who your words will comfort or inspire.


Be blessed, Divas, and remember to be a blessing to others  - you never know what someone is dealing with and how you may inspire them.

~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~***~~~

TC Galltin shares her thoughts and experiences on her blog, The Musings of TC Galltin.
She is the mother of one, a freelance writer and the author of the forthcoming novel Zaire’s Place about three women whose lives converge at a domestic violence shelter in Baltimore, MD.  In her spare time, she enjoys tweeting (@TCGalltin) and Facebooking (/TCGalltin) and spending time with her daughter, whom she loves to pieces.







3 comments:

  1. Thanks for highlighting this, Michelle! Let's all work together to end domestic violence.

    ~TC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diva, Thank you for bringing awareness!!! Whatever I can do to help, I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My contribution:
    Friends don't just ignore it - REACT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)