Friday, November 4, 2011

My Reason for Giving

This month is often the kickoff of a season for giving and gratitude - unfortunately it often wanes right after the last bit of hoppin' john and collard greens are digested in the New Year (that's a Southern thing!).  I try to focus on being thankful and giving to others throughout the whole year and share that with my children so they can grow up doing the same.

My main reason for doing so? Because someone made sacrifices for me at some of my lowest points and intervened so that I could keep standing.  I know it was nothing by the grace of God that touched the hearts of different people throughout my life to help me in ways that they may never know how much affected me.  I made a conscious decision to pass on those blessings and help others along the way whenever I could.

I encourage you all to find some way to be a blessing to someone throughout this holiday season but to continue that way of living throughout the year.

Be Blessed Divas and remember to be a blessing to someone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)