Friday, June 29, 2012

Friendship Friday


Happy Friday Divas!!!

I hope you all had a fantastic week and have some great plans for the weekend!
Spend some quality time with your family, catch up on some rest and a good book, watch some fireworks and enjoy a good barbecue - whatever you do, make the most of it!


Create With Joy's Friendship Friday
Question Of The Week

Friendship Friday Button at Create With Joy


This week, Americans will be celebrating
One of their most cherished holidays of all –
Independence Day –
Also known as the 4th of July!

Many other countries also celebrate
Their own version of this holiday.
Please share how you and your family
Celebrate Independence Day,
Wherever you live, and
What freedom means to you!


I love the month of July - mainly because of the family reunions, cookouts, and quality time my family gets to spend together. The girls usually take a week-long trip filled with lots of food, laughter, food, fun, food, bonding and food :) Unfortunately, this year I won't be able to go - but I'm sure there will be lots of calls and texts to let me know just how much fun they are having!

Independence Day has a special place in my heart. I’m married to a veteran and have many family and friends that are still serving our country. It’s easy to sometimes take for granted the freedoms we have, but when you stop and think of the many people who do not have the freedom to even use the Internet or wear what they want to on a regular basis – it can be humbling. Also, when I reflect on those that have sacrificed their time and energies and even their lives to fight for our freedoms – it puts things in a totally different perspective and makes you so thankful for even the littlest of our freedoms.



Friendship Friday is a weekend blog hop that's designed to help the participants:

~Foster friendships with other bloggers
~Share you and your blog's uniqueness
~Grow your blog and social media networks
Each week a question is posed to help the participants get to know one another . To participate you just need to create a Friendship Friday post with the button and/or link back to the original blog.



1 comment:

  1. I agree it is important to stop and think about how much we really have in this country with the freedoms we have been given.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)