Tuesday, December 20, 2011

DWP - Tamra Simmons


I've been fortunate to "know" today's Diva With A Purpose through her Facebook posts which are ALWAYS uplifting and positive. She has a beautiful spirit, tons of energy, a wonderful sense of humor and the drive and determination to be successful in all she does.

I'd like you all to meet Mrs. Tamra Thomas Simmons

Family: I have a husband, Josh Simmons, daughter Kamia (age 10), and son Josiah  (8 months).

Passion:  My passion is to increase awareness to others in the form of being a motivator, innovator and leader. I volunteer with several different organizations: The Nashville Rescue Mission, Mother's Against Drunk Driving, CASA (Child Appointed Special Advocate) and domestic violence shelters. Helping others in any form or fashion is how I give back to the community - whether its through prayer, finding the next best bargain deal, or helping others' businesses get up off the ground. I love to serve!

Motivation:  I do what I do because I want my children to see that in life it's not always about them but it's about others. In order for them to know this I must show them through my actions. I can't just tell them how to be when they grow up, but I will and do instill in them the importance of family and the importance of others.

Inspiration:  Who inspires me is my mother. Even though she is no longer with me, I think of her daily and often wonder if there's something I can do to make her proud. Being without your mother most of your life produces challenges, but instead of feeling sorry for myself I grew closer to God. Through her death God  introduced me to strength. My grandparents, also, inspire me because they pushed me to where I am today and for that I'm grateful.

3 words I want people to think of me are: Determined, Strong, Loving

Current Projects / Future Plans:  I am currently expanding my Social Media Marketing company named All About Marketing, LLC. Right now, I am working with a company to produce/promote a Christian apparel line and, also, in the process of signing upcoming gospel artists to assist with their marketing. Another upcoming project is working as a freelance writer for Gospel360online.com.

Connect With Her

~~~***~~~~~~***~~~~~~***~~~~~~***~~~~~~***~~~~~~***~~~~~~***~~~~~~

If you know of someone that should be spotlighted on DWP Tuesday, please email their information to divaswithpurpose@gmail.com

Be Blessed Divas and remember to be a blessing to others!!! Happy Tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)