Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Blogger Series Part 5 - Content Control

I'm back with another segment to the blogger series. Even if you're not a regular blogger, I'd love your input on any of the topics. We, bloggers, love to get constructive feedback from our readers and find out what keeps you coming back to our blogs regularly.

As a blogger, there are days when the inspiration for my posts come from the most random, off-the-wall places. There are days when ideas just come tumbling out and I can come up with almost a week's worth of writing in one setting. And then there are those times when I have nothing...a blank wall...empty space...BLAH...I hate those times because it usually means I'm in a completely uncreative space and being unproductive in other areas too.

As a blogger, how do you decide what information is shared on your blog? How do you balance giveaways, reviews and regular content? As a reader, what type of balance do you expect from your favorite blogs? What keeps you coming back for more?


I enjoy providing giveaways to my readers but I don't want that to be what Divas With A Purpose is known for or the only reason readers are coming to visit.  I believe I have a decent balance of the topics I cover. I attempt to cover a wide variety of topics that I feel are essential to empowering and motivating women in all areas of their lives.

As a reader, I enjoy a very wide variety of blogs. The ones I read regularly are the ones where the blogger engages with their readers. I feel a connection with them and their topics.  Even when it comes to the financial or couponing blogs that I visit, they are able to provide great information but still come across as personable, reliable and trustworthy.

If you haven't done so yet, be sure to chime in on the previous posts in this series:
I switched commenting tools and, alas, lost all previous comments. 
I'd love if you'd chime in again on previous posts :)

6 comments:

  1. I love bloggers who have something inspiring to say and something I can relate too. If that blogger is one that always shows me love I make sure I return it although we may be in 2 different lights when it comes to what we talk about. I make sure I take the time to see others point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really try to only have giveaways that I know my readers will like and keep to a lot of 'family' topics. 'This is what my wacko family is up to' kind of stuff. I want to be relateable! That's why I read other blogs, so it's why I hope people come to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems most of my readers enjoy the review and posts. I've started to do more personal posts, but I notice they don't get as much traffic. However, that doesn't mean I won't stop posting those types of subjects :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get personal interaction with people from giveaways. I dont know if people dont comment on my regular content posts because they are busy or because they are not moved or motivated enough by my content to do so. Even posts that get lots of page views are not getting comments (And I dont use captcha or similar - it is easy to leave a comment on my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy different blogs too, I love to read and I find that sharing my life experiences can at times encourage people, make them think about situations in their lives. I will experiment with giveaways in the fall/winter season. Still learning so much, but I'm enjoying myself. I love meeting people too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think having a good mix on your site is good. I definitely try and keep my personal posts and advice posts going in between my reviews and giveaways!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)