Tuesday, September 11, 2012

E-Learning Inside Look

Many adult students (myself included) have opted to utilize e-learning for various continuing education courses, degree earning programs and enrichment courses.  Speaking on my behalf, e-learning is more convenient for my family schedule as work schedules, children, and life do not make room for me to attend traditional face-to-face classes.

Ever thought about exactly what goes into those online classes? Unlike face-to-face classes, there's much more that goes into the preparation and presentation of online courses.

I came across an interesting infographic on leanforward.com that put into perspective the different roles that go into e-learning.  There were things I hadn't even thought about and it makes me appreciate my online courses much more!  When thinking of the cost of online courses it, also, helps me reflect on where my dollars are going and balance the quality of learning I'm receiving with the cost that I'm paying.  This gives me a starting point to question my recruitment office as I determine where to complete the next stage in my education process.  Is a potential school putting the time and costs necessary into my courses? 

Any other e-learners ever thought of the background people that go into making your course experience as beneficial as possible to you as a student and consumer?




~~Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, but all experiences, scenarios and opinions are mine.~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)