Monday, September 10, 2012

SOCS: I Am...

The purpose of Stream of Consciousness writing is to do just that - write. Whatever comes to mind on a particular topic or what's in your thoughts and perhaps needs to just get out of of you.

Usually I link up with the Stream of Consciousness Sunday crew over at jana's thinking place and I even attempted to write yesterday and just couldn't stick with it.

Why?

The prompt for this week was "I am..."

Sounds simple enough, right? Well, as I began typing I became overwhelmed because instead of focusing on what I am...I kept thinking about what I wasn't.  All those goals and dreams I had (have???) that seem to be slipping through my fingers moment by moment.

Lately it seems like each step forward I take causes something to knock me back ten steps backwards.  I know this too shall pass and I try my hardest to keep pressing forward.

BUT I AM FRUSTRATED AND ANGRY AND DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF.

I'm finally getting this out because I know I'm not the only one.  Perhaps this will help someone who is struggling too.  Perhaps someone will inspire me - which my readers do on a regular basis.

Writing has always been a release for me - so this alone has helped to release some of those feelings of overwhelming blahness that's been dragging me along for some time now.

My time is almost up...I am pressing forward despite it all. I am driven. I am inspired. I am victorious. I am called to action. I am embracing the DIVATUDE.
 ~~~~
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post hosted by jana's thinking place 
It is 5 minutes of your time and a brain dump. If you'd like to try it...here are the rules:

~Set a timer and write for 5 minutes
~Write an intro if you'd like but don't edit the post. No spellchecking. No proofreading. Just raw writing.
~Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. Your back door to your blog, if you'd like, but make it accessible.
~Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post
~Link up your post at jana's thinking place
~Visit your fellow bloggers and show them some love

17 comments:

  1. Awww I am so glad you went ahead with the SOC. Sometimes I just want to be peachy, light hearted and funny but sometimes you just have to keep it real. I'm glad I was/am an inspiration. It means a lot to me to know that. Let's make a deal to keep on keepin' on. God wants us to prosper! We had five minutes to whine - now lets turn the frown upside down ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Thanks again! Definitely going to keep on pressing forward...if you can make it through your Insanity workout challenge and still find humor in it (well, at least I found humor in reading about it...) then I can definitely keep my head up during this season

      Delete
  2. Very well written. I have learned so much by reading your blog. It always amazes me how much there is to learn.
    thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! Thank you for those positive words.

      Delete
  3. It's so hard seems like I can't ever have 1 good week thank you for sharing say to yourself I am doing the best I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely keep those words in mind Kita ~ as always, thanks for your support!

      Delete
  4. You have quite rightly said, "this too shall pass" I've had times when I felt this way too, but what I've come to realize, the pressing and the crushing often times comes right before some of your biggest break through. I do not thing that it is coincidence that I wrote about "I AM ~ A Declaration Of Faith on my blog within the same day you are also writing about I AM. I did not see your notes and you did not see mines..so guess what? Begin to declare more of the I AM that God sees you to be even if you don't feel like it, prove God He will pour you a blessing that you would not have room enough to contain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Receiving your words with an open heart! Thank you Yvonne for stopping through and blessing me with your presence!

      Delete
  5. I can definitely relate to this. I have felt exactly like this many times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that you share your heart in this post! You will most definately touch many who are feeling the very same way as you..I think that's why I love blogging :) Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many blessings to you, as well. Thank you for those kind words and stopping by. Blogging definitely gives me the outlet to get the feelings and thoughts that don't get released elsewhere.

      Delete
  7. Now that you've said that out loud, it'll be better! It normally works that way for me. Glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there! We all go through this from time to time. But you are correct "this too shall pass".

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think yvonne made a great point about how tough it can get before a break through. I know the closer I get to a goal the more I feel like I'm slipping back (& I probably am) but each step forward is much easier since I had been there before. Then the motivation kicks in and it takes a bit before another obstacle pops up.

    Hang in there and happy Sharefest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I very much know this feeling but don't stop moving forward! You will achieve those dreams and goals. We'll all always want to be more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooo.... 'Divatude', I love it!
    We all reach obstacles that block our path, the secret is to JUST KEEP GOING. Climb over them, give them a kick and a shove, just keep at it. And that is what you so wonderfully did with this post!
    What a fabulous blog you have!
    Popping by via SITS! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)