When you begin holding yourself accountable (especially in a public forum) it makes you really evaluate what you do and how your actions impact your goals - both long and short-term. My intent with these weekly check-ins is to keep my goals front and center within my daily tasks and encourage and motivate myself and others along the way.
What was my driving force this week?
Another busy week of rushing, zipping and zooming. My lack of energy has become somewhat of an issue and I need to focus more on my diet and exercise. By Friday evening, my kids were literally running circles around me as I tried not to crash out on the couch by 7 PM. I wasn't too successful.
This week my personal focus was finalizing the plans for my community-based sorority's networking event and celebrating five years of work and sisterhood. Look for an interview and recap of that event in the coming weeks!
What/who inspired me? Who did I inspire?My daughter basically says one word "Mama". It's the first word I hear each morning as her "Good Morning". She says it as she reaches for me to pick her up. She says it when she's frustrated and needs me to come to her rescue. It's a humbling reminder of the role I play in my children's lives as their protector, nurturer, and care-taker.
Did I walk in victory?
Sigh! This question right here! It's a doozy. My faith and personal beliefs play a huge role in my life. To me walking in victory means that I keep my head up and a positive attitude throughout the storms I may encounter in my daily walk. I don 't know about y'all but that is HARD to do sometimes. There are times when it seems the more I focus on the positive, the more negativity is thrown at me. My goal is to continue to encourage myself and others by focusing on the blessings I have. When I think of how others are suffering and grieving, the "problems" I may have don't seem that bad.
What specifically did I do that impacted my goals for 2013? What did I do to help someone else?
Honestly, overall, this was not a good week for me when I reflect on what I did to impact my goals for this year. I did well with my spending (or lack of spending) but still need to finalize a budget. I have tested a few apps on my phone to track my spending and balance my accounts and came to the conclusion that I'm an old-fashioned diva when it comes to my finances - I prefer to right out my daily expenditures and budget in a ledger book. I do, however, track my debt balances with an Excel spreadsheet. There's something about seeing that figure auto-calculate that brings out my inner-nerd :)
What aspects of DIVATUDE did you focus on this week?

I got out and did some networking, it was a good feeling gave me a chance to get out if the house. The two ladies that I met with inspired me, my soon to be up line and another lady that sells for the company. She is retired, 74 and doing the thang. The woman that I will work with truly loves what she does and I plan to do what I can to let my light shine.
ReplyDeleteYay for you!!! I love meeting and connecting with seasoned divas who've still got that spunk!
DeleteI am really enjoying this series! This week I focused on the big picture, thought long range and took action to make my big picture stop being far away and get a little closer.
ReplyDeleteJaneane - So glad you're enjoying it! Great focus for the week!
DeleteI placed a call to someone that I knew would hold me accountable...and she did. And it worked. Next week, my goals are going to be much more specific because of her support.
ReplyDelete