Hard to believe it's already the end of January!
Many started off the month with goals and resolutions - a renewed resolve to do more and be more. Where are we now? Are you still focused and energized? I truly hope so. Did you slack off some? Get a little discouraged or face disappointments? I know I did and have - but use those moments to keep pressing forward and motivation to succeed.
January has been quite busy and fulfilling:
We kicked off 2013 introducing The Divatude Challenge - an opportunity to connect with one another, learn from one another and grow together throughout 2013. I'm still taking volunteers in this challenge, if you'd like additional information, please fill out the form found here.
We met, Britney - the first participant in our challenge and a graduate with a purpose whose goals this year are to be accepted in pharmacy school, have a healthier lifestyle and to create a budget and focus on savings. Can't wait for our April check-in to share how she's coming along with her goals!
Many thanks to the divas who shared their divatude with us this past month:
~ Joyce Brewer - author of Use What You Know: A Business Guide for Moms
~ Shannon Peterson - author of Love's Memory
January was Human Trafficking Awareness Month and I shared The End Trafficking Project - the US Fund for UNICEF's efforts to raise awareness and mobilize communities to help protect our children.
Did the events at Sandybrook Elementary inspire you to participate in the #26Acts of Kindness movement? One reader chimed in on that she "love[d] the 26 Acts of kindness idea, but [she] want[ed] to strive to promote kindness on a daily basis, too". A sentiment I've heard express numerous times while bringing attention to #26Acts and one I definitely agree with. However, not everyone feels that way or has that pressing desire to go above and beyond for others. It's events and movements like this that may be the catalyst for change in their lives and thought process.
The tributes to Grace McDonnell and Jessica Rekos were not to bring anyone down but to remember these young lives and remind us to treasure the moments with the young people in our lives.
Are you on Google+? If so, I'd love if you'd connect with the DWP community - another forum to inspire, motivate and support one another.
Have a fantastic evening, Divas!
Looking forward to the wonderful things in store for February!
Blessings to you all!
~Michelle



I agree that kindness should not be a one off season gesture. It should be year round (Like the generosity everyone finds only during the Christmas season) but do think #26Acts was a great way to get people to actually do something with the grief they had than just focus it on talk.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your input Marina! I agree - sometimes when you're removed from the tragedy and you feel as though you have to do something - passing along acts of kindness is a great way to begin.
DeleteLooks like a great month!
ReplyDeleteIt was :)
DeleteThaks Theresa! Happy February!
I think if we all would show kindness all year round and not be so judgemental that maybe we would all live a happier life, and I would pray it would be less violent everywhere.
ReplyDeleteThat would be awesome, Kelsey!
DeleteI'm actually doing okay with the goals I set for at the beginning of the year, but I have to agree as well, kindness shouldn't just be focused around holidays, every day someone should do something for someone else and pay it forward.
ReplyDeleteWay to go! I, also, love the pay it forward concept!
DeleteMichelle, I try to show kindness in all acts. I try to help when I'm in the grocery store and I see a senior citizen struggling, since I'm home during the day I see them a lot. I also try to do this with my girls present because I want them to have the attitude of service and giving.
ReplyDeleteInstilling those values in our children is essential, in my opinion! Way to go, Mom :)
Delete