Thursday, December 8, 2011

Wake Up Everybody

"No dream comes true until you wake up and go to work" - Anonymous

"Wake up and smell the coffee" - My Daddy

My ten-year old. Love him to bits. Want to strangle him 85% of the time.  If this is a prelude to the teen years, Lord help me now!  He's one of those kids that is borderline genius but has almost no commonsense at all. A scary thought thinking about the world we live and the one that he will live in when he becomes an adult.  I know so many adults that are book-smart but lack common and worldly sense.  In today's society, you definitely need a good balance of both.

I've come into contact with so many people that have these wonderful dreams that could have a lasting effect on so many people, but they just won't face reality that they need help making the first steps or they have so much "self-inflicted mess" in their lives that it stops them from being successful.

Divas, don't be that person, please! Let go of whatever is holding you back from taking the first steps.  As we get closer and closer to the new year, do some emotional house cleaning so you'll be rejuvenated and revived for 2012.  There are so many people that did not (and will not) get a chance to see another year and left a list of things they wanted to do but never got around to doing.  Let's agree to live life to the fullest and embrace the experiences and encounters that are out there waiting for us to just wake up and realize they're there for us!

What is one thing from 2011 that you didn't get a chance to do, but you are striving to accomplish in 2012? Leave your responses below and one diva will be blessed with a $10 Amazon gift card from Divas With A Purpose, Incorporated just for sharing.  The deadline for posting your entry is 11:59 PM EST on Wednesday, December 14, 2011.  The winner will be chosen using Random.org.

Be Blessed Divas!!!
Michelle

10 comments:

  1. Baby doll, I couldn't agree with you more. I have a lot of house cleaning to do.

    One thing I want to accomplish in 2012 is to get my own place again. Pray for me. And thank you for sharing your wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I definitely need to do some house cleaning and take the garbage out. I know that my life won't change for the better until I do.

    Here's to hoping that I get a place of my own for my daughter and me in 2012. Say a prayer for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet post. I need to get us upgraded to a bigger apartment, but that takes time and money. So what I can do, is lose the last 10 pounds and be done with it.

    As for emotional house keeping, I need to purge the negativity that surrounds me (some people) and start fresh. Its true, there are so many people who won't make it to the new year, with so many things on their to-do list. I want to start fresh, I'm going to start today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support ladies!!

    TC, you and your little one are definitely in my prayers!

    Kalley, I am true believer in not being around negativity. Unfortunately, it's meant distancing myself from some near and dear friends, but life is too short to always be in a funk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm cleaning out my stress closet from 2011, I refuse to bring the baggage into another year that I was blessed to see, I'm thankful that god has granted me that.

    I'm gonna start working on me, it's time to take care of Sandii!

    I'm going to be more active with my internet show, that was my outlet and I'm definitely bringing that back Jan 2012.

    2012 it's time to live well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One thing I certainly need to accomplish in 2012 is managaing my stress better because I know it is not good for my overall health. I need to learn to take one moment at a time and not get overwhelmed with all the little things.

    Hope everyone on here accomplishes what they set out to and has a healthy and prosperous new year!

    jasperjax2003 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Stephanie! Stress management is definitely a great goal to have! Here's to you having a healthy and prosperous new year, too!!

    Attorney2be - Yay!!!

    The contest is officially over and the winner will be announced tomorrow (Friday, December 16th). Good luck ladies and thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One thing I'm letting go of from 2011...grudges. It's easy to allow the anger and annoyance of someone to take so much of your peace. I've decided to forgive people that I have allowed to steal my joy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)