Friday, November 16, 2012

#GivingTuesday - Doing My Part

World Homeless DayA little over a week ago, I shared with you all the concept of #GivingTuesday - a focused national day of giving amidst the shopping and spending the Tuesday after Thanksgiving.

Connect with the #GivingTuesday initiative via their website, Facebook and Twitter.


How can you contribute?

  • Honor those who help keep our communities safe with a home cooked meal, thank you cards, appreciation basket, etc
  • Have a Home Treasure Hunt for items that aren't used and that can be donated to an organization in need
  • As a family schedule time to give back at least once a quarter
  • Coordinate a "Change of Season" Drive - at the beginning of each season think of one specific item that is in need and do a collection (example - gloves in winter, t-shirts in summer, etc) and donate.  Get your neighbors and co-workers involved and drop off your donations together.
Today I'd like to share with you how Divas With A Purpose will be doing their part with our 1st Annual Pack-A-Purse Initiative.
 

Divas With A Purpose’s
1st Annual Pack-A-Purse Initiative

Purses and totes will be collected and “stuffed” with toiletry items to be donated.  I am taking suggestions for shelters , organizations and individuals you feel would benefit from this initiative.

How can you help?  Donate your gently used purses; donate toiletry items (travel-sized items are great); girly items (lipsticks, compacts, perfumes, etc); donate funds towards the purchase of these items; spread the word amongst your family, friends and social networks.

To help offset the cost of this initiative, We will be hosting a 31 gifts party to help purchase Zipper pouches that will be donated and toiletry items.

Donations will be taken in $5 increments. For every $5 you donate you will receive a $5 gift certificate to my Thirty One Gifts site or Dorinda’s Diva Shoppe! Everyone that donates will, also, be entered into a drawing for an additional $25 in Thirty One Gifts products. Definitely a win-win donation!

Please contact me directly at divaswithpurpose@gmail.com with any questions, to coordinate shipment of donations, or to suggest a shelter.  Pay Pal donations can be sent to the same email address.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a fantastic idea. Every caring helps.

    Right now we are doing the Christmas shoeboxes with our children. They see, they learn and they do.

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Great idea and thanks for giving back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this.... I have been collect food items to donate this holiday season. I think it is so important to give and teach your children to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so great to live in the spirit if giving!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)