Sunday, November 18, 2012

#TheRealAwards - Honoring Health Care Workers

I come from a family of nurses. My mother is a registered nurse and for as long as I could remember her ever-changing shifts were a part of our lives growing up.  It was always just a part of our lives and something we adjusted to.  That's a reality for many families worldwide. Working in the health care field takes true sacrifice and dedication.  They deal with so much on a regular basis and, often, aren't recognized for it.

To honor health care workers, Save The Children has joined with The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Frontline Health Workers Coalition to help people globally thank and salute health care workers who are saving and protecting lives on a daily basis.  This is the first of any such global awards program and will honor workers from the United States and 9 other countries.

Has a health care worker impacted your life or someone you know? Now through November 29th, you can nominate an inspiring health care worker on The REAL Awards website - www.theREALawards.com. While there you can meet the frontline health workers receiving REAL Awards honors around the world nominated and selected by staff from members of the Frontline Health Workers Coalition..

You can, also, connect with The REAL Awards on Facebook and Twitter


"It is estimated that every 3 seconds, a child’s death is prevented thanks to care provided by a frontline health worker."- Press Release for The Real Awards

5 comments:

  1. What a great program. I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an amazing program! I love to see things like this being done to honor those who deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this before but it's definitely important to honor them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is absolutely wonderful! I wish I could have done it for the nurses who worked with my dad a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous thing to do! Love the basis behind this program and what a great way to honor healthcare workers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)