Monday, November 19, 2012

#MotivationalMonday - Advice from my 4 Year Old

 
I ran out of gas this morning on the way to work. Yeah. I know. I completely forgot I was supposed to get gas yesterday. It was too late. Too cold. Too dark. And I was too tired Saturday night on my way home.  Completely side-tracked until I got in the car this morning and UGH!!!

Wait...it gets better.....

On my lunch break I had to stop off at my oldest son's school to drop off a permission slip and lunch money, headed back to work I get a flat tire...not just a flat tire...completely busted no longer usable pull car over and do not pass go tire. Wonderful.

Park car, call husband, let him deal with it, and get a co-worker to pick me up. Enjoy the free wi-fi in the Lowe's parking lot (heads up - many now offer it to their customers - appreciate that!) while I wait.

Husband picks me up, drops me off to car with tire already replaced (note to self - remember this next time I'm ready to throttle him for who knows what) and I go pick up my youngest two.  We get home and I trip in the garage - enter tears because this is the absolute culmination of my day. My wonderful 4 year old looks at me and says....
Gotta love him, right??? Here's to a better Tuesday :)

What unexpected words of wisdom have your kids imparted on you?
 

6 comments:

  1. its all about the attitude!!! and my saying is that hopefully this is the worst that will happen to me today and therefore I'm ahead of most of the world :)
    thanks for sharing and have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww those kinda days are rough for sure. We don't have kids but that is very sweet what yours said!! Sounds super sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw that is so cute. Kids do make days like that so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww kids say the best things sometimes. Its really amazing how insightful they can be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am your 101st Linky follower! Hope to see you following back very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! I am sure he made your day.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)