Saturday, January 5, 2013

2012 Reflections...2013 Goals

I have to admit I'm proud of the growth of Divas With A Purpose throughout 2012. I was reviewing some old posts and realized that I did share my social media goals and am fairly satisfied with what was accomplished.  They were:

- to blog on a more consistent basis
- to network with other bloggers and support their blogs more with comments
- to build the Diva Blogging Circle

Overall, I'm very pleased with myself and the focus I had on my goals for last year. My blogging consistency compared to previous years was much better.  I, also, branched out and connected with more bloggers with different blogging styles and made some great blogging buddies.  The latter part of 2012 I participated in a few Twitter parties and I had a blast! I've, also, narrowed down the blogging groups and forums that I participate in so I can focus more on quality relationships and not just have a large number of friends and contacts in the blogging world.



The DWP Blogging Circle ended with 52 participants for 2012.  The linky has been reset for this year.  I'm looking forward to connecting with some old participants and meeting some new ones.  I've made a commitment to support all that link up with a comment, share, or link back at least once a week.

For the upcoming year I'm working on becoming more organized and pre-planning blog events and posts. I've set up a calendar for the year (many thanks to Janeane over at Janeane's World for the inspiration to do so!) and am excited about many of the series and blog events I have in mind (like my 5 year blogoversary in August!!!).

I announced The Divatude Challenge 2013 on the 1st and am looking forward to meeting and learning from some wonderful ladies over the next year.  I'm still taking volunteers for the year-long challenge and the weekly posts. You can get more information and sign up here.

I would, also, like to connect more with local bloggers in the SC area and increase my social media presence and interaction on websites like Twitter and Pinterest.

Did you do a recap of your goals for last year?
Are you satisfied with what you accomplished?
What goals are you wanting to accomplish in 2013? 

9 comments:

  1. Good Luck in your goals. I normally blog on Sunday's for the week and then read my reader in the morning like a newspaper. Blogging is work but I enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yet another reason why I should by a reader...LOL! Thanks Kita!

      Delete
  2. 2013 is the year that I'm looking to branch out more. Be patient with myself, and allow myself to try new things without fear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great goals! Patience is a virtue I'm still working on!

      Delete
  3. I wish you every success in 2013. I think your desire to create quality relationships not just a quantity of relationships is an admirable quality. I was honored to hear that I provided you with inspiration to get that blogging calendar done. In turn, you inspired me with your DIVATUDE Chronicles and Challenge. It seems like a wonderful program. I am not just saying that because I applied for a spot in the group! I look forward to connecting with you and following you as your progress over the coming years. I am excited to see what you will do next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janeane - I'm so glad we connected! You've inspired and motivated me in so many ways over the past few months. I'm one of those silent, stalkers on your blog and have gained so much knowledge both personally and professionally from your posts. Your organization and dedication are definitely an inspiration! Excited about the coming months, too!!!

      Delete
  4. Love the idea of the blogging circle -- going to check on that now!
    I haven't looked over the past year yet on my blog....lol...but I really should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! I love that blogging allows me to chronicle life events. Reading over my posts often bring back some great memories.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on a great year! I did some reflection on last year, and it's helping me to be a bit more organized for this year. I'm looking forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)