Heeeyyyy Divas :)
I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend! Time for my weekly check-in and reflections...accountability can be a beast at times, but it keeps me focuses and balanced.
What was my driving force this week?
If you can't fix it, let it go and keep pressing forward. With my focus on "focusing" this year, I'm learning to become more aware of those things that I have no control over and acknowledging what will be will be.
What/who inspired me? Who did I inspire?
The friends who coordinated their schedules to help me with getting back and forth to work this week (yes, still just one car!). I'm not used to asking for help and having people in your life who selflessly step up to go out of there way to help my family and I is priceless.
I would hope that inspired you all to keep the #26Acts of Kindness Movement alive and well within your lives and communities with my dedication to Grace McDonnell, a victim of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary.
Did I walk in victory?
I most certainly did. I was disappointed in myself last week when I really started to reflect on my attitude and conversation. I let my frustrations over petty items cause me to become despondent and frustrated. This past week I was committed to keeping an upbeat attitude and to focus on the positive things around me. Yes, of course, I had my moments where frustrations kicked in and I wanted to just gripe and complain. There were a few times when I let myself just release. We all need times like that and I'm thankful to have people in my life that will let me vent and understand I just need someone to listen.
What specifically did I do that impacted my goals for 2013? What did I do to help someone else?
I'm still on target with the 52 Week Money Challenge (up through week 4) and have finalized my savings goals for the year. My final step will be to do a look at my outstanding debt and re-vamping my monthly budget to work in my debt payoff schedule. (Yes, I've been procrastinating on that one.)
This morning I had the chance to work alongside some fellow divas with a purpose to help the Columbia (SC) Muscular Dystrophy Association pack boxes for their annual shamrock drive. If you're in the Columbia or Augusta, GA area and purchase one in the coming months - know that you're donation is helping to impact the lives of children right here in the state of South Carolina and one of these divas below helped to pack those shamrocks. It was a morning full of laughter, love and labor:
How was your week?
What aspects of DIVATUDE did you focus on this week?

I was amazed by the amount of people who helped me when I was a single mother and didn't have a car or license to get around after my first husband left me. There still are many wonderful kind selfless people in this world. We are blessed because we live in the SC where it is in abundance. May you gain your independence soon.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a productive and successful week overall. :)
I did!!! You are so right - definitely one of my favorite things about being a SC Diva :)
DeleteI like these questions -- they're great to help you stay on track! I'm going to write them down to use for myself!
ReplyDelete