Name:
My name is Chenola Reneé Mangum, but professionally known as C. Reneé. I am from Detroit, Michigan, but currently residing in Phoenix, Arizona, with my husband of 4 years and 5 year old son. I am the Marketing and Promotions Director as well as the Senior Writer and Editor for MacTunes Radio & Magazine station and publication for independent artists.
C. Renee' and world-renowned poet Janette...ikz (pronounced Genetics)
What is your passion and how do you use that passion to better your family and community? Why do you do what you do?
My ultimate passion is music. It's what I love; it's what drives me; it motivates, moves and inspires me. I am also very passionate about writing and helping people become success stories. I know that in helping others, I am ultimately helping myself spiritually and financially, as well as helping my family financially. I use my passions in life by helping artists and entertainers reach higher levels of success. I write about them, listen to them, and, in some cases, introduce the world to them and their music. I also use my platform in the music world to talk about things that matter to me and to my community. This is what I do through MacTunes Radio & Magazine. I do what I do because I love everything about it and I want to help build an empire for my family to be proud of.Who/what inspires you?
As I said before, music inspires me. When I listen to music, I am not only enjoying the rhythmic sounds, thoughtful lyrics, and/or amazing vocals. I am also listening to the passion that the artists is portraying. You can hear it in every breath they take. I'm also listening to their struggles, their successes, and their journey in life and love. These things inspire me. I am also inspired by my family. I have watched my mother work hard to take care of me and my siblings as we grew up in Detroit. I have also known my father to do the same from afar after my parents' divorce, all the while never losing sight of his dreams within the music industry. Watching them has helped me realize that I have to work hard for what I want and never lose sight of what I love. Also, some of my family members are a large driving force behind Black Enterprise magazine, which is highly inspirational for me. I see myself reaching the same level of success that they've had in the media and entertainment industry.
What 3 words do you want people to think of when they think of you?
Happy Honest Hustler. ***LOL*** That's what I am! I'm usually very silly and vibrant, and I love to laugh and make jokes. But when it comes to work, I am very ambitious and I operate with integrity in all of my business affairs. I'm usually up until about 4am on a regular basis working hard on the magazine, popping into Facebook occasionally to joke around with the other night owls. When I'm relaxed, I'm super silly. When I'm networking, I'm always honest and sincere. When I'm hustling, I'm a force to be reckoned with!
What projects are you currently undertaking? Future plans?
MacTunes Magazine is like my baby, my primary project. I am responsible for making sure that a great new issue of MacTunes Magazine is out every month on the 15th, ready for download and/or purchase. So my ongoing project is definitely the magazine. I am also developing a new section of the magazine called The MacTunes Poetry Café and a virtual rap battle, called The MacTunes Cypher. So many things going on, but all great things! I am also looking to network with more small businesses that would benefit from advertising in the magazine. Our advertising rates are phenomenal and we make it that way especially for small businesses. So much planned for the future of MacTunes, so I just want everybody to keep an eye out for us!
Contact Her:
If you know of someone that should be spotlighted on DWP Tuesday, please submit their information to divaswithpurpose@gmail.com
Be Blessed Divas and remember to be a blessing to others!
~Michelle
Keep in touch with Divas With A Purpose:

