Today's Prompt:
Write about something that you unexpectedly had a hard time saying goodbye to
I sat in the parking lot of my job for about 20 minutes that morning trying to compose myself enough to walk in and begin the work day. I couldn't understand the feelings and emotions that had taken over me. I'd been working since the day I turned 16 years old. I enjoyed working. I enjoyed being able to contribute to the household and having my own stream of income. For the most part, I enjoyed my work environment - the people, the work, the madness. So, why in the world I had I been crying my eyes out since dropping my kids off at their babysitter's earlier that morning. Bradley had jumped out the car and ran to hug his favorite teacher who was now working out of her home. Veronica slept through the entire exchange and snuggled deeper into her carrier when I'd tucked her blanket around her before leaving. THEY were fine. Mommy was a mess. Isn't that how it usually is when it comes to these things?
I've gotten considerably better over the past month. I even got off early one day and didn't rush to pick them up but enjoyed the rarity of shopping solo. It was truly a blessing that I was able to spend 3 months at home enjoying being mommy to a newborn again. I was able to keep my three year old home and spend quality time with him that I wasn't able to when he was a baby - returning to work when he was a little over a month old. The three of us got spoiled watching my husband and older son leave daily for work, while we got to stay in and snuggle watching Nick Jr and Matlock reruns in the morning. Our afternoons were spent playing games and creating fun concoctions for dinner. I actually became somewhat domesticated and began to enjoy cooking and some housework. I didn't realize how relaxing folding clothes and watching Law & Order could be!!!
I'm adjusting and learning how to mesh all the different roles in my world. I still have the unexpected craving for Yo Gabba Gabba's Dancey Dance time around lunch time, but I'm working on it...
I've gotten considerably better over the past month. I even got off early one day and didn't rush to pick them up but enjoyed the rarity of shopping solo. It was truly a blessing that I was able to spend 3 months at home enjoying being mommy to a newborn again. I was able to keep my three year old home and spend quality time with him that I wasn't able to when he was a baby - returning to work when he was a little over a month old. The three of us got spoiled watching my husband and older son leave daily for work, while we got to stay in and snuggle watching Nick Jr and Matlock reruns in the morning. Our afternoons were spent playing games and creating fun concoctions for dinner. I actually became somewhat domesticated and began to enjoy cooking and some housework. I didn't realize how relaxing folding clothes and watching Law & Order could be!!!
I'm adjusting and learning how to mesh all the different roles in my world. I still have the unexpected craving for Yo Gabba Gabba's Dancey Dance time around lunch time, but I'm working on it...
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post hosted by all.things.fadra. It is 5 minutes of your time and a brain dump. If you'd like to try it...here are the rules:
~Set a timer and write for 5 minutes
~Write an intro if you'd like but don't edit the post. No spellchecking. No proofreading. Just raw writing.
~Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. Your back door to your blog, if you'd like, but make it accessible.
~Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post
~Link up your post at all.things.fadra
~Visit your fellow bloggers and show them some love
Be Blessed Divas and remember to be a blessing to other!
~Michelle
