When my youngest son was born, I'll be honest my husband and I had moments where we seriously struggled with purchasing the name brand formula that he was started on in the hospital by his pediatrician. I don't know how the conversation came up with my pediatrician during one of his well-visits, but my pediatrician shocked my by saying he gave his twins the Parent's Choice brand of formula. WHAT???? That was all I needed to know...Mr. Bradley was quickly switched to Parent's Choice. He had no problem adjusting to it and the cost of one can was almost half the cost of the brand I'd previously been using. While in the hospital with my daughter, we used the brand that they recommended but I'd already done the research, spoke with my pediatrician and decided that I'd be using the Target Brand (Up & Up) for her ... imagine my surprise when I found out they were both made by the same company - Perrigo Nutritionals!!!
A recent study* shows that only 30% of moms are willing to buy store brand products for their babies, but did you know that all infant formulas made in the United States must provide complete nutrition for growing babies and meet FDA requirements for safety, nutrition, and quality? In fact, store brand infant formulas are nutritionally equivalent to similar national formula brands such as Enfamil or Similac, but cost half the price, which can save you about $600 a year.
Outlined below are intriguing statistics generated from a recent study* conducted among new moms like yourself:
- Baby-related advertisements strike an emotional chord with moms – nearly one in four feel overwhelmed (23%) and one in five feel anxious (20%) or confused (20%)
- 53% of moms admit thoughts of their baby product budget plague them on a daily basis
- 37% of moms feel guilty if they cannot afford a specific product for their babies
- Moms are willing to purchase store brand over the counter medicine for their baby (42%) and store brand pharmaceuticals (44%), but only 21% of moms are willing to buy store brand infant formula.
Perrigo Nutritionals store brand infant formulas, available at retailers, such as Walmart (Parent’s Choice), Target (Up & Up), Kroger (Comforts) and Sam’s Club (Simply Right), adhere to the highest quality standards, so you can feel confident that you have made a smart choice for your baby and save money for the family. But you don’t have to take our word for it, click here to hear about the benefits of store brand formula from one of the country’s leading pediatricians, Dr. Jennifer Trachtenberg.
*All results are taken from the Perrigo Nutritionals “Brand” New Mom Study
backI was recently given the prize pack pictured at the very top of this post to sample and was very pleased!!! Even better...I have the opportunity to offer one of you the exact same prize pack :) Happy Friday!!!
Disclosure: Prize pack, information, and giveaway have been provided by Perrigo Nutritionals through MyBlogSpark. Divas With A Purpose does not publicly review or endorse any product that I have not personally used. All opinions expressed are mine. Contest is open until midnight, March 1st to US Residents aged 18 and older.
a Rafflecopter giveaway

