Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DWP Tuesday: New Beginnings

Hello Divas! Happy Tuesday! I hope you're having a fantastic week so far!


For the next few weeks I will be introducing you to some of the bloggers who have connected through the Divas With A Purpose Blogging Circle.  Our first blogger is no stranger to DWP.  Cabrini guest posted back in  September for Women's Friendship Month about her Two Best Friends.


Cabrini shares her experiences and thoughts at New Beginnings.



What is the inspiration behind your blog's name?A couple of years ago I was in an emotionally abusive relationship.  I finally broke free from him.  I did this with the help of counseling and prayer. In the course of going through counseling, I began to open up about a lot of demons that were eating away at my mind, body and soul. Through counseling and a lot of prayer, I began to feel better about myself. I let go of the past and began living in the present and knew I now had a future.  For me, it was a "new beginning."


What is your passion and how do you use that passion to better your family and community?  Why do you do what you do?
My passion is knowledge.  I love to learn and I love to teach others.  I tutor with a literacy program. I teach adults how to read.  

Who inspires you?
My grandparents.  I was also close with my mother's parents. My grandpa had a lot of knowledge and wisdom. He died in 2008. He was 97 years old.  I loved talking to him and getting his advice. At his age, he had been through it all. Because of them, I believe in marriage and I believe in love.

My children - I live for them and I always want to be their role models. I never want them to look up to anyone but me so I try to live my life the best way I can to make sure they are always proud of me.  I never want to disappoint them.


What 3 words do you want people to think of when they think of you?
Dedicated, compassionate, sensitive


What projects are you currently undertaking?
I am focusing on attending law school.  I am hoping to either move to Texas or the DMV area.  I would like to practice maritime law.

You can connect with Cabrini at her blog, New Beginnings, or on Twitter:


I'd like to thank Cabrini for her support and friendship! She's definitely an inspiration to me and encourages me through her inspirational posts, her candidness and her drive for attaining her personal goals.


If you know of someone that should be spotlighted on DWP Tuesday, please submit their information here.


If you are a blogger and would like to be considered for the DWP Blogging Circle, please read the requirements and submit your information here.


Be Blessed Divas and remember to be a blessing to others!!!
~Michelle