Sunday, February 12, 2012

SOCS: Life Lessons

Last night, as many of us did, I sat watching news reports of the death of Whitney Houston.  I first saw the news on a Facebook update of one of my friends and immediately had to go to multiple news sites to confirm.  I was hoping, like in September, this was another rumor gone awry.  Sadly, it's not.  Music speaks to my soul.  There are different songs I listen to when I'm feeling a certain way.  This goes for all aspects of my life.  From the time I was a little girl, I remember singing "I Believe the Children are Our Future" and "One Moment in Time".  These were songs that motivated and uplifted me.  As I got older and began to experience life, her songs continued to speak to me and comfort me during good and bad time.  "Didn't We Almost Have It All"..."All at Once"..."My Name Is Not Susan"....I'm sure you can tell where that relationship went...


When you think of diva, Whitney's name is one that is sure to come up.  But when I reflect on what divatude is to me - my heart hurts for the woman lost.  For her family and close friends - especially her mother, daughter, and, even, her ex-husband, Bobby.  We don't know the whys, whats, and whens - but a human being, a child of God, a mother, a daughter, a friend, an icon to many has left this earth at such a young age.  I found a YouTube clip of her singing "Yes Jesus Loves Me" the night before her death...you never know what will be your last song, your last performance, your last words spoken to those that you love.  All the more reason to live your life to the fullest and give God the glory in all that you can.


Be Blessed Divas and Remember to be a blessing to others!!!


stream of consciousness Sunday

This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post hosted by all.things.fadra.  It is 5 minutes of your time and a brain dump.  If you'd like to try it...here are the rules:

~Set a timer and write for 5 minutes
~Write an intro if you'd like but don't edit the post. No spellchecking. No proofreading. Just raw writing.
~Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. Your back door to your blog, if you'd like, but make it accessible.
~Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post
~Link up your post at all.things.fadra
~Visit your fellow bloggers and show them some love