Glasses have been a part of my life since forever, it seems. I got my first pair in 1st grade and the rest, as they, is history. Glasses and I have had a love/hate relationship over the years. I hated wearing them because they loved to get thicker by the year. This was during a time when the option to have lenses thinned down was not an option. Over the years, as I've gotten more self-confidence I can chuckle at some of the frames I went through - mainly because I've gotten rid of almost all the pictures that were floating around.
As soon as I turned 16 and received my first paycheck, I made a beeline to get contacts and wore them religiously for almost 15 years. About 4 years ago, I got a dreaded eye infection and developed an allergy which made wearing contacts unbearable. As soon as I looked at the walls of glasses that I could barely see without my coveted contacts, I wanted to cry (seriously, I believe I teared up, but I'm going to blame it on the glaucoma test I'd just gotten). I've been wearing prescription glasses religiously ever since. My biggest struggle is finding a pair that look stylish but that can, also, handle my lenses. Yes, even shaved or thinned down they have weight to them. Wire and rimless frames are definitely out.
Enter GlassesUSA.com - a site recently brought to my attention. Affordable glasses AND stylish frames that I can peruse from the comfort of my own home. I enjoyed "trying on" frames with their Virtual Mirror Feature.
For me, choosing the right pair of affordable glasses frames is critical since I already know my lenses are going to set me back a pretty penny (yes, my vision is THAT bad). Having the chance to browse the different pair of glasses without feeling pressured to make a choice immediately in a traditional store helps tremendously - also, I can actually "see" what I look like with the different frames.
GlassesUSA.com is offering Divas With A Purpose readers discounts on your next pair of eyeglasses:
For me, choosing the right pair of affordable glasses frames is critical since I already know my lenses are going to set me back a pretty penny (yes, my vision is THAT bad). Having the chance to browse the different pair of glasses without feeling pressured to make a choice immediately in a traditional store helps tremendously - also, I can actually "see" what I look like with the different frames.
- Take 15% and get free shipping on your entire order over $50 using discount code FS15
- Take 10% off any prescription glasses order using discount code Blog10
~~Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, but all experiences, scenarios and opinions are mine.You can view my full disclaimer policy here~~

I think I am suppose to be wearing glasses.......*hides somewhere* . My hubs does the contacts I don't think I can do the putting stuff in my eyes
ReplyDeleteEmbrace the glasses, Kita :) I'll be honest, as long as I wore contacts I still struggled with putting them in. The things we do for beauty's sake...so glad I've grown out of that stage!
DeleteLove GlassesUSA!!
ReplyDeleteThat is pretty awesome that you can see what they look like on you!
ReplyDeleteI thought that was pretty neat, too!
DeleteI got my first pair of glasses in 3rd grade and my mom made me wait until I was a sophmore in high school to get contacts. Now that I'm in my 30's and have 4 kids who keep me busy, I usually wear my glasses because of the time it takes to deal with my contacts. It also helps that there are sooooo many cute frames to choose from these days!
ReplyDeleteI have to admit that the frames have gotten cuter over the years!
DeleteI am now thinking of picking up a 2nd pair just so I can change things up every now and then!
DeleteI have always hated my glasses too. But I do love buying them from GlassesUSA. It saves me a fortune.
ReplyDeleteGlad I'm not alone! Yay for GlassesUSA saving money :)
DeleteThat virtual mirror is the neatest thing I have ever seen. What a great idea!
ReplyDeleteI don't have a nose bridge so finding glasses that fit are hard to find! I'm a contact wearer but do wear my glasses for about 5 minutes before I go to bed at night.
ReplyDeleteI need a good pair of eyeglasses. I have been saying that for a very long time now!
ReplyDeleteI've needed glasses since I was 10 or so. I wore glasses for a few years, then convinced my dad that I needed contacts for my teen years... then after I got married I went back to glasses! I like them better now. I don't have time to mess around with contacts now.
ReplyDeleteOh man... I have some seriously horrible pics with me in glasses from over the years. You look good in them!!! I like those orange frames!!! I know how you feel though... before I got lasik eye surgery my lenses were the size of coke bottles.
ReplyDeleteOh the memories of the coke bottle glasses jokes...LOL...I've been hesitant about Lasik but it's something I plan on researching.
Delete