Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bucket List

I recently came across a list that I wrote in my early 20s entitled "Things to Do Before I'm 30". It was slightly depressing to read but it reminded me of where I was at that stage in my life and just how far I have come. I'm going to be revamping the list and start working on my 101 in 1001 list and figured this would be the best place to start:


- fall in love (for real!) 
-take a cruise (went on one for my honeymoon in 2007 and again in 2009 with my extended family)
-travel to Europe
-get married  (August 14, 2006 - shocked the heck outta me...LOL)
-have another baby (me being the overachiever that I am did this twice!)
-have $5000 in savings/401k/investments (financial security was very important to me when I wrote this because I was coming out of a relationship that was very controlling...this was a step towards never having to be totally dependent on someone again)
-buy a house (closed this past July!!!)
-repair my credit 
-get my associates degree (slightly depressing that I haven't gone further in completing my degrees but I'm determined to complete them no matter what...life just keeps happening but this is one goal I refuse to give up on)
-get my bachelor's degree
-have peace in my heart (This, also, took longer than I thought it would but it is so refreshing to be able to say that I honestly do. It makes life so much more enjoyable)
-make amends with my oldest son's father (Thankful that we came to a place where we can agree to disagree but always can let bygones be bygones when it comes to our child)
-make the move from Texas
-travel to Hawaii
-travel to Jamaica
-have a sista-friend weekend (So glad for my wonderful group of divalicious friends - we attempt to get together at least once a month to just regroup and relax)
-buy a car (I think I'm on car #3 and really need to upgrade to accommodate the little diva but I'm holding off as long as possible...I detest paying car notes!)
-have real joy (It took me awhile to distinguish between happiness and joy, but once I did...boy oh boy!!! Having a relationship with God helps me to have joy within no matter what my circumstances are.)
-have a career I appreciate and enjoy (while I enjoy my current position, it's not the one that I foresee myself being in forever...my dream job is working for myself and I'm determined to make that happen one day)
-volunteer on a regular basis (I've gotten away from this over the past few years but it is something that I will focus on in 2012)
-be debt free


Amazed at how far I've come in a little over a decade emotionally, spiritually, and financially! I'm so glad that I came across this list to help me reflect on where I've been and where I'm striving to be in the different aspects of my life.


Do any of you have bucket lists? Have you heard of the 101 in 1001 challenge? I'm attempting to find more information on it to help break my list down so any help in that arena would be awesome.


Be Blessed Divas and remember to be a blessing to others!
~Michelle

This year I have committed to blogging every day as a part of The Blog Dare sponsored by BloggyMoms.com

a mom blog community