Happy Friday Divas :)
Welcome to all of you stopping by from this weekend's Friendship Friday Blog Hop hosted by Create With Joy! Make yourselves comfortable and join right in :)
Question of the Week:
What springtime traditions will your family celebrate this weekend?
This weekend is bittersweet for me. Monday, it will be 6 years since my grandmother passed away. The year she passed away her homegoing service was the day before Easter Sunday. The minister encouraged us not to look at her death as a somber occasion but to relate it to the true reason behind the Easter celebrations - she was now making her home in Heaven. She was free from pain, sickness and made whole again.
I still miss her like crazy. I grew up extremely close to her and feel like I missed out on being able to tell her good-bye and letting her know how much I loved her. I know she knew all of that but it's good to hear them from those you love. I can still feel her presence around me at times and find comfort in that. My youngest son was born on her birthdate and I truly believe that was not a coincidence.
This weekend my cousins and I will get together to celebrate us - family, love and togetherness. Three things that are essential in my life!
I still miss her like crazy. I grew up extremely close to her and feel like I missed out on being able to tell her good-bye and letting her know how much I loved her. I know she knew all of that but it's good to hear them from those you love. I can still feel her presence around me at times and find comfort in that. My youngest son was born on her birthdate and I truly believe that was not a coincidence.
This weekend my cousins and I will get together to celebrate us - family, love and togetherness. Three things that are essential in my life!
Friendship Friday is a weekend blog hop that's designed to help the participants:
~Foster friendships with other bloggers
~Share you and your blog's uniqueness
~Grow your blog and social media networks
Each week a question is posed to help the participants get to know one another . To participate you just need to create a Friendship Friday post with the button and/or link back to the original blog.
You can find out more and join in by going to Create With Joy's blog.
