Release. I, almost, broke the first rule of Stream of Consciousness Sunday...no editing, no thinking, just write. I don't know where "release" came from because that's definitely not what I was thinking of writing. But it pretty much sums up what I've gone through over the past week. I've had a lot on my plate lately - personally, professionally, socially. I've been able to juggle it all, but this past week was a culmination of so many things coming to an end and some new beginnings as well.
Any working parent knows that having reliable child care is a necessity! Unfortunately, I began having problems with my sitter about a month ago. She's been having some personal and health issues and it's caused her to "call off" about 10 days in the past month. No one to watch my kids means I have to stay home which means I don't get paid. Pretty simple math. My kids loved her and I didn't want to make them go through another change. I'm learning sometimes change is good. I had to fire her. Definitely not easy severing that relationship. I wish her nothing but the best, but she needs time to get herself right and I need to know I have somewhere to take my kids where they will thrive. I found just the place. Yes, my daycare bill has almost doubled and I'm going to have to make some major changes. However, my kids are happier around other kids and I'm less stressed. We're going to have to make it work.
Professionally, I've learned some lessons the past month and had some old lessons reiterated. Someone I thought was a friend seriously disappointed me. Lesson learned and moving on. I've had to adjust how I interact with some of my co-workers, but either way I still enjoy my 9-5 and the people I work with on a regular basis.
Mentally, this momma needs a break! I'm forcing myself to get time for myself. I have to have time to release and relax. Even if it's an hour window shopping on my lunch break. Time when I'm just Michelle. I can see the difference in my overall attitude and demeanor.
Release. I like that. Definitely a word to describe the past month.
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post hosted by all.things.fadra. It is 5 minutes of your time and a brain dump. If you'd like to try it...here are the rules:
~Set a timer and write for 5 minutes
~Write an intro if you'd like but don't edit the post. No spellchecking. No proofreading. Just raw writing.
~Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. Your back door to your blog, if you'd like, but make it accessible.
~Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post
~Link up your post at all.things.fadra
~Visit your fellow bloggers and show them some love
