Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thankful Thursday - October 18, 2012


Happy Thursday Divas :)

I hope you've all had a fantastic week! I didn't do Thankful Thursday last week as my focus was on International Day of the Girl. Doing the research and connecting with others throughout the day gave me lots to think about and made me especially grateful to have been raised within a family of strong women who encourage and motivate each other to succeed.  Not everyone has that.  The thought of someone my niece's age (9) being forced into marriage or child labor saddens me and motivates me to continue bringing awareness to the issues that affect girls worldwide and to continue the conversation on what we can do to make a change.


MissV turned 1!!! We had a fantastic time celebrating with our family and friends.  My youngest sister even surprised me with a visit for her birthday. It was great seeing both my sisters.

  Overall, it's been a fantastic week!

 "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." 
- Marcel Proust

Who's made your "soul blossom" this week? 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,

    Love your quote! I also shared about the International Day Of the Girl last week and on Inspire Me Monday this week!

    I am really just thankful for all of the wonderful gifts that God has given me and all of the freedoms I have!

    Have a blessed week and continue to

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son made my soul blossom this week--we got into bed when he woke up early and used his toy flashlight to read some stories together--there is nothing more vaulable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is sad to realize that so many girls are not being raised in ideal situations. I'm glad there are awareness days like that.

    And how cute is your cake-covered one-year old?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should definitely be thankful for that adorable little girl! She's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little cutie!! Happy Birthday to her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday missV! My daughter just recently turned 3; and it's such a fun time seeing them grow up and eat that birthday cake! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww happy birthday to her. I am thankful that everything is in God's hand because if it was in mines ooohhhh weeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful way to bring awareness to such a sad problem.

    The quote is beautiful and it looks like she had a fantastic birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha!! LOVE 1st year baby pictures with birthday cake covered babies!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)