Sunday, March 11, 2012

SOCS: Living My Legacy

stream of consciousness Sunday

Today's Prompt:
Have you reached the prime of your life?
What do you want to be your legacy?


In writing this, I was reminded of the beautiful eulogy given at my uncle's funeral last year.  He was described as a "living demonstration of the character of God".  I strive to leave the type of legacy he did and more.

I truly hope I haven't reached the prime of my life.  I'm looking forward to some wonderful things happening in the years to come (and the many years after, for the record).

However, when I think of the legacy that I want to leave the first thoughts to come to mind are my children.  What memories do I want to leave them? What stories will they share with their children? What traditions will they continue?

I think since having my daughter, I've focused more on the path that I am on. She is a constant reminder that there will be a young lady growing up in my household that will be modeling herself after me - the good, the bad and the ugly.  I'm far from perfect and that's something I share with my babies on a regular basis.  I try to let them know when I've made a mistake or jumped to conclusions.  I apologize when necessary. I say I love you as much as possible.  Hugs and kisses are plentiful.

The legacy that I want to leave is being  a strong, virtuous woman.  A true Proverbs 31 woman.  I want to love, live and laugh.  I want to live without regret.


This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post hosted by all.things.fadra It is 5 minutes of your time and a brain dump.  If you'd like to try it...here are the rules:
~Set a timer and write for 5 minutes
~Write an intro if you'd like but don't edit the post. No spellchecking. No proofreading. Just raw writing.
~Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. Your back door to your blog, if you'd like, but make it accessible.
~Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post
~Link up your post at all.things.fadra
~Visit your fellow bloggers and show them some love