The woman whispered, "God, speak to me" and a meadowlark sang.
But, the woman did not hear.
So the woman yelled, "God, speak to me" and the thunder rolled across the sky.
But, the woman did not listen.
The woman looked around and said, "God let me see you."
And a star shined brightly.
But the woman did not see.
And, the woman shouted, "God show me a miracle."
But, the woman did not notice.
So, the woman cried out in despair, "Touch me God, and let me know you are here."
Whereupon, God reached down and touched the woman.
But, the woman brushed the butterfly away and walked on.
I found this to be a great reminder that God is always around us in the little and simple things that we take for granted ... even in our electronic age...
So I would like to add one more:
The woman cried, "God, I need your help!"
And an e-mail arrived reaching out with good news and encouragement.
But, the woman deleted it and continued crying.
Don't miss out on a blessing because it isn't packaged the way that you expect.
![]() |
| Google Image from joanneellison.wordpress.com |
I received the email above in my inbox this morning and it really spoke to me. Often times we ask, beg and plead with God for something and the answers are right in front of our face. We don't recognize it because we're looking for it to tied up all neat and pretty with a bow on it saying "To: You, From: God". I'm often reminded of the mornings I'm running late and stressed; yelling at the kiddos because they are dragging and then I pass an accident and realize that if I had been "on time" that could have very well been me and my kids. Sometimes we get so busy and caught up in doing things (having a Martha spirit is what I call it - Luke 10) that we don't take the time to just sit and reflect on the wonders around us. Bask in His presence and realize that is the most awesome and wonderful present we can receive.
"Be still and know that I am God" - Psalm 46:10
Today, I'm thankful for:
~the sweet, calming presence of God that instructs me to just be still and enjoy the moments
~family time - I took yesterday evening off - unplugged from the Internet (yes - email, Facebook AND Twitter!) and my cell phone and just spent pure quality time with my family. It will definitely be something I do more often.
~patience ... I'm getting better, I really am
~my siblings. Yesterday 4 of my 6 siblings celebrated their birthdays. We have 2 sets of twins and they were both born on the same date.
Don't forget to share what your thankful for this week! Blessings Divas!
~Michelle

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.
Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)