Miss V and I had the opportunity to try out the Kidsme Food Feeder sold by BabySquare.
One thing about this little diva is that she's super independent! When it comes to doing things on her own - she seems to be on fast forward mode. This includes self-feeding. I definitely encourage her to try out new things and be independent and the Kidsme Food Feeder made us both happy!
Baby food - schmaby food! This little diva has been eyeing our dinner plates for a few months and her pediatrician suggested about 2 months ago that we could start letting her test out table food to start filtering out the jar foods.
Daddy is a worry-wart and swears she's going to choke on water, so we were quite limited with what items we could try out. Enter the Kidsme Food Feeder! To me it looks like an over-sized pacifier - which was a fairly familiar shape to Miss V so she wasn't too hesitant about using it for the first time. You put the food for your little on in the the top, snap shut and baby can gum away :)
We
use ours primarily for fruits and veggies, but she did get some baked
chicken with one meal. This has, also, been a huge help for teething! I
froze some grapes and placed them in the Food Feeder - she loved them! A
healthy snack and it helped to soothe her gums. (Thank goodness those
two front teeth finally broke through!)
Some info from their website - http://www.kidsmeusa.com:
~Helps develop little hand muscle, as well as stimulate motor skills, visual and mouth coordination.
~Helps promote active / self feeding ability to develop better independence and confidence at a later age.
~Helps your child to try variety of food at early age and increase their eating interest.
I will agree that I feel more comfortable giving her different foods to try in this product since there's less of a chance of her choking. I would suggest having multiple silicone sacs to use during mealtimes so you're not having to rinse it out multiple times.
There's a smaller version of the feeder for younger babies (4 months and up). Of course, always consult your pediatrician to determine what they suggest your baby can and cannot have.
You can learn more about this company and their products on their website and connect with them on Facebook:
Happy Friday Divas :)
Disclosure: I received a free Kidsme Food Feeder to test out. No other compensation was received. The opinions in this post are mine and based on the experiences I've had with the product.



OMGoodness is she cute! Great review!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Deletelooks like a great product, wish i had one of those when my daughter was a baby!
ReplyDeleteIt's become one of my favorite baby tools!
DeleteBoth of my kiddos loved to feed themselves and this looks like a much better product than we used!
ReplyDeleteGotta love the independent babies!
Delete