The purpose of Stream of Consciousness writing is to do just that - write. Whatever comes to mind on a particular topic or what's in your thoughts and perhaps needs to just get out of of you.
I'm in one of those growing seasons in my life where there are many changes and it seems as though I'm constantly trying to catch-up or make life-changing decisions.
Remember the term "growing pains" - well, even in your 30s and beyond they can still affect you. Only they are more emotional rather than physical.
I've embraced many of the changes that have been thrown at me because that's life - you roll with the punches, you fix what you can fix, adapt to what needs to be adapting and keep on moving, growing and getting better.
There are a couple of changes on the horizon, however, that have me scared out of my wits. Because it involves making major life changes that I wasn't ready to make - never thought would be an option or idea - but it's there. As much as I want to share, this is one of those changes I have to keep off the blogosphere until the decisions have been made and the changes have been made. Sucks, I know - because I often get such wonderful advice and feedback from the DWP Community.
I know I'm not the only one that experiences this - but when you're having these kinds of moments, doesn't it seem like no one could possibly understand the choices you have to make because it's you and your family and your lifestyle affected? Sounds selfish even thinking and writing it, but we're human and that's how our thoughts sometimes work.
Change is, for the most part, good and necessary in life. I wrote on a friends page yesterday that sometimes "you gotta be made uncomfortable to move out of your comfort zone". That seems to be my mantra for the past couple of years.
~~~~
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post hosted by jana's thinking place
It is 5 minutes of your time and a brain dump. If you'd like to try it...here are the rules:
~Set a timer and write for 5 minutes
~Write an intro if you'd like but don't edit the post. No spellchecking. No proofreading. Just raw writing.
~Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. Your back door to your blog, if you'd like, but make it accessible.
~Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post
~Link up your post at jana's thinking place
~Visit your fellow bloggers and show them some love

I am 60 and still have growing pains. A life well-lived never stops growing. It's just that sometimes they come at the most inconvenient times!
ReplyDeleteThank you for that reminder, Lynda! It was much-needed and much appreciated.
DeleteMichelle, I feel growing pains of some sort daily. And curve balls seem the norm lately. But change is the only true constant in life and how we handle it is personal. Best of luck with your challenges. You will come to terms with what will be the right thing for you and your family. Sometimes I have to remind myself to be patient.
ReplyDeletePatience is definitely a virtue that I'm still working on! Thank you for the well-wishes and warm thoughts, Gina.
DeleteI wish you the best and may I humbly offer you one bit of advice? I hope you won't mind. Just remember to always follow your gut feeling. Listen to the inner voice and you really can't go wrong. Peace.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you Sandra - I wholeheartedly welcome that bit of advice. Thanks so much!!!
DeleteYou gotta be uncomfortable to make changes is so true. I am in the midst of some big changes in my life (which I am not writing about yet either). It is difficult and challenging, but I think we will both get through them well and look back at them as helping us in our lives.
ReplyDeleteSo very true! Thanks for sharing :)
DeleteIt's a time of change here, too. Follow your gut and it'll rarely steer you wrong.
ReplyDelete