Thanks so much to everyone that chimed in on Blogger Series Part 1: Newbie Advice.
This series came about after a few friends and associates reached out to me in regards to blogging how-to questions. I decided to compile different aspects of blogging set-up, management and promotion into a short series.
In our first post, we discussed the top piece of advice bloggers would give to new bloggers or people contemplating starting a blog. The vast majority chimed in with doing it because you truly enjoy writing.
One of my favorite pieces of advice came from Kristen of MamaLuvsBooks:
"...have a goal or vision for what you want your blog to be about, but if you grow and change along the way be open to being flexible. Always stay true to yourself though and to what you want to do."
Blogger Question 2:
What social media outlet is your favorite and why?
There are oodles of social media outlets out there and attempting to market yourself, interact with followers and maintain your blog can be downright overwhelming at times. I recently decided to focus solely on Facebook mainly because it's connected to so many outlets and with the different fan pages and groups it's easy, in my opinion, to reach thousands of people very quickly. I, also, feel that Facebook is more personal since you're able to have dialogue with your readers and they can connect with you more.
I'm still on Twitter, but do not update it on a regular basis. I do have my posts set up to auto update on Twitter and there are some fellow bloggers that I communicate with via Twitter.
For bloggers, what social media outlet do you prefer using and why?
For readers, what social media outlet do you prefer connecting with your favorite bloggers on?
For readers, what social media outlet do you prefer connecting with your favorite bloggers on?
I like Twitter but since I started on FB, I think I like the interaction there a little more.
ReplyDeleteI agree that FB is more personable than Twitter. My readers/followers are able to engage more on FB versus Twitter. I've learned that many of DWP supporters are strictly FB or Twitter fans - short little snippets they can latch onto and like, share, retweet are what work best for them.
DeleteI've linked up blogposts on my personal facebook, but I've never gone so far as to set up a fan page. Does that draw more traffic?
ReplyDeleteFor me it does. I have a totally different dynamic of readers on Facebook versus the ones who read and support my blog posts on a regular basis. I have some readers who are totally anti-Facebook and I have some Facebook fans that aren't really into reading longer blog posts. I've learned to pull a snippet out of a blog and pose a question to generate conversation on my Facebook page that's a little more personable than through the blog. Just my thoughts and experiences...
Delete