What feels overwhelming to you right now and how are you coping?
Perhaps I should reflect on what does NOT feel overwhelming right now. There are times when I truly feel that list is much shorter. Actually, the things that seem daunting or overwhelming right now really aren't - it's just combined together with all my other responsibilities and ventures, I never seem to have enough time to do all that I need, let alone want, to do. One week is probably all I need. A week to fully dedicate myself from 9-5 to all the things on my numerous to-do lists. To organize, network, and delegate. Sigh! The odds of that happening are slim-to-none. So I settle for running errands on my lunch break, completing tasks after the kids are in bed, forcing myself to quit no later than midnight so I can attempt to give my brain some downtime....so, I can get up around 5:30 the next morning to start it all over again.
Coping? I'd like to think I'm doing way better than just coping. I truly enjoy all, okay most, of the endeavors I'm involved in and they give me a renewed sense of purpose and self. Perhaps I will savor these sacred quiet moments in my home where I have opportunity to just be. No one needs me to be or do anything. Nah, I think I'll be better off catching a quick nap :)
Perhaps I should reflect on what does NOT feel overwhelming right now. There are times when I truly feel that list is much shorter. Actually, the things that seem daunting or overwhelming right now really aren't - it's just combined together with all my other responsibilities and ventures, I never seem to have enough time to do all that I need, let alone want, to do. One week is probably all I need. A week to fully dedicate myself from 9-5 to all the things on my numerous to-do lists. To organize, network, and delegate. Sigh! The odds of that happening are slim-to-none. So I settle for running errands on my lunch break, completing tasks after the kids are in bed, forcing myself to quit no later than midnight so I can attempt to give my brain some downtime....so, I can get up around 5:30 the next morning to start it all over again.
Coping? I'd like to think I'm doing way better than just coping. I truly enjoy all, okay most, of the endeavors I'm involved in and they give me a renewed sense of purpose and self. Perhaps I will savor these sacred quiet moments in my home where I have opportunity to just be. No one needs me to be or do anything. Nah, I think I'll be better off catching a quick nap :)
~Set a timer and write for 5 minutes
~Write an intro if you'd like but don't edit the post. No spellchecking. No proofreading. Just raw writing.
~Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. Your back door to your blog, if you'd like, but make it accessible.
~Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post
~Link up your post at all.things.fadra
~Visit your fellow bloggers and show them some love

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.
Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)