I love shea butter!
Every member in my family uses it in some way:
~I use it for my hair and scalp on a regular basis~
~I'm prepping my feet for summer and use them on my heels which are semi-atrocious
(No judging, okay? I slacked off last year when I couldn't reach my feet with Miss V in utero!)~
~My oldest son uses it for his lips which always seem to be extremely chapped~
`~My husband and son both have eczema patches and the shea butter works wonders~
~ It's great on the little diva's dry skin patches, too - especially her scalp~
So imagine my excitement when I was sent 1 pound of Cleopatra's Choice Shea Butter to use and review! Anyone that has used raw shea butter knows that a pound can go a long way!
Here's what I whipped up as soon as I got my Cleopatra's Choice Shea Butter:
Lotion/Body Cream - I use this primarily on my youngest son's dry skin patches. My husband and I both use it for our hands which can get extremely dry.
2 ounces shea butter
.45 ounce Avocado oil
4 vitamin E tablets
I have a digital scale that I use to measure out my ingredients. I combine the shea butter and avocado oil in a Pyrex glass container and place it in a simmering pot to let them melt together. Once they melt, remove from heat and add the vitamin E. Let mixture cool to room temperature. Next to whip into a creamy consistency, I place ice cubes in a larger bowl and place the container the mixture is into that bowl to blend. It has to be cool to mix properly. When done, I place the mixture in an old butter tub or lotion container and place in the refrigerator for storage.
After visiting and reading up on the Cleopatra's Choice website these would be my top reasons for recommending and using them for myself:
~3 free samples with every order (samples always seem to win me over!)
~a THREE MONTH easy return and exchange policy. Essentially, risk-free opportunity to try their products! Not satisfied? You can get a full refund including shipping costs!
~Personal customer service via the telephone or email
~No animal testing
~They even have a Referral and Loyalty program
I was very pleased with my product and have even placed an order from Cleopatra's Choice for additional products my family uses.
Do any of you use shea butter? Have any easy recipes for hair or skin? I'd love for you to share them with us! I've still got lots of shea butter to use up!
Are you celebrating with us we commemorate our 3500 Facebook Fan Celebration? Many thanks to Fun Wrap Parties for sponsoring this week's giveaway - a facial applicator! Enter here through midnight, Monday, June 4, 2012. Many thanks to you all for supporting Divas With A Purpose via our blog, Facebook and Twitter!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.
Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)