Happy Thursday Divas :)
It's been a blah week with blah weather. Both my younger kids have been sick with colds for going on 2 weeks now and I want a darn vacation! But I've still got a smile on my face and joy in my heart because things could be so so so much worse!
Many of you responded to the appeal I wrote last month with sending cards and well-wishes to a young boy named Gavin with an inoperable brain tumor. This past weekend he beat his brain tumor and earned his angel wings. His family and friends are celebrating his life and saying farewell to his physical body today. I couldn't imagine burying my child, sibling or nephew. Please continue to keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.
I read a Facebook status update from one of my sorority sisters whose daughter, Tre'Sea, was diagnosed with Stage 4 Neuroblasotoma cancer in 2008 that broke my heart. The cancer has spread. This was her 3rd relapse and this precious little diva has undergone 24 surgeries. Chemotherapy is being stopped because it's no longer working. At this point, her doctor's and family are doing all they can to make her comfortable.
I find it hard to be upset with my children when they run, jump and scream through the house when there are friends and loved ones that would give anything for their children to be able do the same
This week I urge you to focus more on what you DO have and not so much on what you DON'T or CAN'T have. Despite all that is going on in those two family's lives they are still providing encouragement to others. They are still finding joy in the little things.
This week I'm thankful for the health and livelihood of my children. Often times we take for granted how precious and wonderful it is to have them entrusted in our care. This week I'm thankful for the reminder that these children I carried in my womb beneath my heart for months on end are here for me to hug, kiss, cuddle with and just admire how much they've grown and thrived over the months and years they've been with our family.
Be blessed Divas. Hug your loved ones. Tell them how much they mean to you. Don't take the time you have together for granted.
