Monday, May 7, 2012

Break-Up Letter

I'm extremely tired.  I keep telling myself  it's only a test. To keep a smile on my face and joy in my heart.  We've all been there at some time - you take one step forward and something comes along to knock you 3 steps back....these words came to me this morning as I reflected on where I am, where I've been and where I know I'm going to get to...perhaps someone else out there needs to see this, too.

 
 To all the emotions, people, thoughts, and attitudes that want me to keep floundering - that don't support the vision that's been given to me, that would rather be invited to a pity party instead of celebrating our successes (no matter how minute or insignificant they may appear):

It's over. I've given you way too much time. Invested way too much energy and sweat and tears into trying.  It's taking too much out of me to keep scrambling upwards only to have you and your negativity bring me crashing down.  I don't know which is worse the belittling words, the condescending attitude or the silence, the lack of acknowledgement.


This has been a long time coming and I've tried to leave before but something kept making me turn back.  It's official this time. Here are your keys, because I'm not returning and no longer need them.


Please do me a favor, lose my number, address, email, de-friend me on Facebook, unfollow me on Twitter - cut off all ties.  I don't want you getting upset when the goals and plans that are on the horizon come to fruition.  You know longer have a hold on me or my emotions or my plans.  It's time for us to go our separate ways because I'm moving forward and upward.

Signed -
A Diva With A Purpose

1 comment:

Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.

Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)