Happy Friday Divas!!! Welcome to all of you stopping by from this weekend's Friendship Friday Blog Hop hosted by Create With Joy! Make yourselves comfortable and join right in :)
Questions of the Week:
Last week we celebrated Motherhood.
This week, let's celebrate Childhood by sharing a favorite childhood memory.
Last week we celebrated Motherhood.
This week, let's celebrate Childhood by sharing a favorite childhood memory.
I have so many of them revolve around the time spent at my grandmother's house on weekends with my cousins. We always had a blast and enjoyed putting on talent shows, playing Simon Says, Mother May I, Hop Scotch and chase.
I, also, treasure the one-on-one time I spent with my Daddy. He played baseball every weekend with community league and I'd get to go with him and watch. Of course, I'd get bored very quickly but I had plenty of books to keep me company underneath this huge tree. There was a snack shop right next to the field and I'd get to get penny candy and Jungle Juices. On our way home, we'd always stop at one of the country stores and get that thick lunchmeat and cheese....my stomach's grumbling just thinking about it!!!
My absolute favorite childhood memory is the day my family got the call that I was finally getting the little sister I'd been asking for. (My sisters and I are adopted). The agency called to tell my mother that they had a set of twins that needed to be placed. I remember her saying "2 babies?" and looking at my dad who repeated "2 babies?" We spent the rest of the day looking at one another repeating "2 babies", giggling and getting excited all over again. I vividly remember the day we got to meet them and take them home with us. I was such a proud big sister and couldn't wait to get them home and love on them.
I, also, treasure the one-on-one time I spent with my Daddy. He played baseball every weekend with community league and I'd get to go with him and watch. Of course, I'd get bored very quickly but I had plenty of books to keep me company underneath this huge tree. There was a snack shop right next to the field and I'd get to get penny candy and Jungle Juices. On our way home, we'd always stop at one of the country stores and get that thick lunchmeat and cheese....my stomach's grumbling just thinking about it!!!
My absolute favorite childhood memory is the day my family got the call that I was finally getting the little sister I'd been asking for. (My sisters and I are adopted). The agency called to tell my mother that they had a set of twins that needed to be placed. I remember her saying "2 babies?" and looking at my dad who repeated "2 babies?" We spent the rest of the day looking at one another repeating "2 babies", giggling and getting excited all over again. I vividly remember the day we got to meet them and take them home with us. I was such a proud big sister and couldn't wait to get them home and love on them.
Friendship Friday is a weekend blog hop that's designed to help the participants:
~Foster friendships with other bloggers
~Share you and your blog's uniqueness
~Grow your blog and social media networks
Each week a question is posed to help the participants get to know one another . To participate you just need to create a Friendship Friday post with the button and/or link back to the original blog.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for being a part of the Divas WIth A Purpose community! I welcome your comments and participation.
Want to keep the conversation going and know when I or others respond? Click the "Subscribe by email" link right beneath the comment box to be notified :)