Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday Divas :)

It's a beautiful day and I've got a smile on my face and in my heart! No real particular reason other than WHY NOT?

Gratitude to me seems to be a no brainer.  I've got the thought process that it's so much more refreshing to give thanks for what I have rather than dwell on what I don't.  I'd rather enjoy the precious moments I have with my family and friends and not commiserate over people and events that may not fully appreciate me for who I am.  There are so many things in this world that we have absolutely no control over but the one thing I know without a shadow of a doubt that I can control is how I choose to be.  I choose joy and love and positivity.  It makes life so much more worthwhile and enjoyable.  It makes me more tolerable.  Years from now, I'll be able to reflect on the many trials and tribulations I may have experienced but still have positive and happy memories of those seasons because I CHOSE to find joy in the little things.



This week I am thankful for:

~Miss V being fever-free for 2 days! Sick babies are never fun and she's been struggling with a virus for about 2 weeks now.  Throughout it all, she kept smiling.  I love that about her and pray she keeps that demeanor.  Everyone that comes in contact with her notices that she's truly a happy child.  As her mother, that brings joy to my heart.

~Making it through 6th grade orientation night with my son.  (No promises that I'll make it through the actual first day of middle school, though!)

~A positive attitude 97.5% of the time

~my mother

~cuddle time with my kiddos

~finding a Starbucks gift card I was given when I'd totally forgotten about it

What are you thankful for this week?